- A great opportunity to work with a dedicated team of student advisors to guide students through their time at UWA
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), fixed-term contract until February 17, 2023
- Salary scale: Level 4 $67,294 – $71,483 pro-rated plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious group of eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research experience, a dynamic campus and working environments, backed by the freedom to “innovate and inspire”, there’s no better time to join the best university in Western Australia.
About the team
The Student Services and Engagement team works with students and academic staff to deliver an excellent student experience across the organization.
Student Services and Engagement is responsible for improving student satisfaction, advocacy, retention and employment rates, and creating value for each segment of students who are onboarded. company-wide and deliver on the brand promise.
Student Services and Engagement encompasses a number of core services provided by Student Services, Careers, Global Learning, and school-based Student Advising Offices.
About the Opportunity
As an appointee, you will provide consistent, transparent, and high-quality student service in a student advisory office. You will provide effective administrative support to the region and play a responsible role in maintaining, improving and monitoring systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation and a high level of customer support is provided to scholars and students. You will work as part of a qualified team to contribute to the student experience.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Grade 12 or equivalent skill
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Proficiency in a range of computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Focus on delivering an exceptional student experience and customer service
You will be an enthusiastic frontline representative with a passion for helping students navigate their enrollment in Engineering, Physics, Data Science, Mathematics and Statistics, and Computer Science.
Full details of position responsibilities and selection criteria are outlined in the job description.
The content of your CV and cover letter must demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing Date: 11:55 p.m. WST on Tuesday, March 1, 2022
This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child-friendly areas on campus, including daycares. Flexible work arrangements, part-time schedules and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded bronze employer status for being one of the top ten employers for LGBTI inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA also received Athena Swan Bronze accreditation in 2020.