- Be a positive part of a student’s academic journey
- Join a friendly and welcoming team
- Range of opportunities with the Student Experience Team
- Salary scale: Level 5 $72,531 – $80,391 pro-rated plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious group of eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research experience, a dynamic campus and working environments, backed by the freedom to “innovate and inspire”, there’s no better time to join the best university in Western Australia.
About the team
Student experience is an area that focuses on the student experience and engagement that provides the greatest value for students and ensures consistency of experience across the organization.
The student experience is responsible for improving student satisfaction, advocacy, retention and employment rates, and creating value for each segment of students who are onboarded into the business and deliver on the brand promise.
Student experience encompasses a number of core services provided through Student Services, Student Welfare, and Student Experience at the Faculty Service Delivery Centers.
About the Opportunity
As an appointee, you will provide, under limited direction, consistent, transparent and high quality student service. You will provide a high level of administrative support to the region and assume a responsible and supervisory role in the establishment, maintenance, improvement and monitoring of systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation and a high level of customer support is provided to academics and students. You will also work as part of a qualified team to make a valuable contribution to the student experience.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary degrees or equivalent competence
- Substantial relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in a range of computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and work productively within a team
Full details of position responsibilities and selection criteria are outlined in the job description.
The content of your CV and cover letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing Date: 11:55 p.m. WST on Wednesday, March 23
This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child-friendly areas on campus, including daycares. Flexible work arrangements, part-time schedules and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded bronze employer status for being one of the top ten employers for LGBTI inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA also received Athena Swan Bronze accreditation in 2020.